Help Identifying Flower

A friend gave me some flower seeds last fall, but didn't know the name of the plant. They were around 4'-5' tall with pink petals. Also, they had a fairly strong smell that got on your hands if you touched the plant - kind of like a tomato plant. I have 2 pictures, but they're not real good quality. Can anybody tell me the name? Thanks!
http://www.dnecentral.com/djw/tmp/flower04a.JPG
http://www.dnecentral.com/djw/tmp/flower04b.JPG
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's somekind of Lupin, which I've never gotten to grow good here in the high mojave desert, BUT there is a small one that looks to have about the same leaves that grows here.

definitley not a lupinus, its a cleome, also known as spider flower.
Toad
Very good.
Finally somebody who knows how to see instead of mouthing off like a complete fool.
Pinning down the proper species name for this common plant is far more of a problem.

Love, love, love...bam bam bam, Love, love, love...boom poo doom, Love, love, love...it's eayazee...
Hee! :)
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 08:59:55 GMT, "Cereus-validus....."

Thanks for the advice, Mark David Chapman.

Do you listen to the Wise Guys show on Sirius Satellite?
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 18:08:32 GMT, "Cereus-validus....."

Not even close, Meathead.
Its Cleome hassleriana, a member of the Capper family (Capparaceae).

Welcome to Mr.Killfile Dipstick

You are still a meathead.
Nothing but pork butt from the neck up.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Those are pictures of 2 different plants. You trolling?

USDA Zone 8b

No, both pictures are of cleome. The first is of a young plant, and the second is of mature plants with lots of seed pods. If you look closely at the second picture you can see leaves near the bottom of the picture that are identical to the leaves at the bottom of the plant first pictured.
Yep, definitely cleome, aka spider flower. And indeed, the photos are of the lower part and top part of the same plant. And yes, they have a distinctive "fragrance". Most people say, "They stink!"
Suzy in Milwaukee, WI, Zone 5

Yes, cleome is it! Thanks for the help!!!