Help identifying a vine/weed, and advice to get rid of it

I have this weed growing all around the fence, and into the yard at my house.
It grows along the ground, up the fence, up trees, and tangles up the lawn mower blade.
When I started pulling it up, it was pretty obvious that it's a huge network of the thing, and it's cross-hatched all underneath the soil.
So far, every few weeks, I get the new growth and cut it back, but can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it all at once.
There are pictures at:
http://mikeski.net/new/albums/view/22
Does anyone have any advice on how to permanently get rid of this thing, and what the heck it is?

Where are you located, Mike?

Durham, NC - 27705

I'd guess Honey Suckle.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

The leaves don't look right, do they? (Not for the Honeysuckle we have here in Indiana, at least.) Honeysuckle IS invasive and considered a dangerous invasive in some places, though.
Does it flower, Mike? What do the flowers look like? Honeysuckle smells really nice.
On May 31, 10:18 am, FragileWarrior

I don't know if it flowers, I suppose I'll find out. I thought it looked like trumpet vine, but haven't seen any flowers yet. We have been in the house less than a year. It's not honeysuckle, I've got that towards the back of the yard, and it's not the same.

The placement of the leaves look a bit similar to Trumpet Vine but not exactly the same, I don't think. Here's a fairly good photo of the leaves: http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/630 /
Trumpet Vine is late to come up, too. It would have been one of the last things to green up in spring. At least that's been my experience with it. But then I also can't get it to grow where I want it to grow - or nearly as much of it as I want -- either.

Photos are not really good enough for ID, so submit it to your extension service -- they'll know quite easily.
I get a strong impression of Campsis radicans, trumpet creeper, but I'm not willing to put any money on it from the photos. http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol RA2 http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/consumer/poison/Campsra.htm http://www.missouriplants.com/Redopp/Campsis_radicans_page.html http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/trees/cara.html
Kay