Help identifying a plant

Hi. I found a volunteer tree or shrub growing in my back yard and hope someone can help identify it for me.

The pictures are posted here:

is doing quite well on my sunny window sill. I live in California, zone

9b, Sunset zone 15.

The leaves are (I think this is right) pinnate, arranged opposite, elongated lance-shaped and toothed. Stem is woody. Closest matches I could come up with are sumac, jacaranda, or mountain ash, although none seem exactly right.

Any ideas? TIA.

- Dewolla Stepon

--

- Dewolla Stepon 262//202