Help identify this houseplant I've had three years

Hello

I was left this houseplant by an ex, and it doesn't seem to like any location I keep it in - leaves often go yellow. I've giving it to my Mum as she is much better with plants. She has checked Reader's Digest Gardening Book and Houseplant Expert book, but we can't find it.

So any clues would be gratefully received so it can live a better life.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: IMG_2142.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: IMG_2143.JPG | |Download:
greenface222

Pat Kiewicz

g'day,

for me it looks like an orchid, try your searches in that area.

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:30:10 +0000, greenface222 wrote: snipped

Reply to
gardenlen

I try to do a little digging around to find out what it is? it's very unusual!

The one thing i know for sure is that the thing need to be repotted as soon as possible. It's very pot bound and this would explain the yellowing of the leaves. Put it into a pot at least twice the size in houseplant compost and stand back! the thing will grow like the clappers!

Drobium

Wow! Looks like you've solved the problem, the photos look just like the plant.

I'm glad I've given it to my Mum now - she was on the case with the repotting

greenface222