Help diagnose apple problem

I have a white growth on just a few apple leaves on my 1 year old espaliered apple tree in USDA zone 10B (Ventura CA)

My guess is powdery mildew, but I just dont know, It is only in 2 places. I guess I should cut off and spray the baking soda oil spray on the leaves. What suggestions does anyone have.

Thanks Doug

Reply to
Doob

A higher page is worth keeping

Charles

powdery mildew dosent typically show up as a series of specks like that, and is usually much more opaque. Rub the white spots and see what happens. If it rubs off, you have powdery mildew. If it dosent, check the bottom of the leaves for insects. It looks to me like you have leafhopper damage, though the picture isnt very close up.

toad

Reply to
Marley1372

If not powdery mildew, I suspect aphids, in particular rosy apple aphids. Try a Google image search for pix and see how you think it compares.

Good luck! Suzy O

Reply to
Suzy O