HELP...Cheap Indoor Garden?

have a squiz at this as to whether it may meet your needs.

George.com

Hello,

I'm interested in eating healthy and on the "cheap" as well, so I thought that I would try to grow my own lettuce and herbs indoors. This is where my knowledge on this subject ends. I see something called the Aerogarden, but is it any good? I do have a bit of a handyman's side, so I could build my own hydroponic or regular indoor garden...but I'm not sure how to proceed. Are there any good books or kits for this purpose? Does anyone have any experience on this subject and can offer me some "Be sure to do this" or "Make sure you stay away from that" advice?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
samadams_2006

Reply to
dr-solo

Growing food takes energy. You cannot grow much at all in the way of edibles indoors unless you can provide sun or very strong light. Indoor plants come from understory and tolerate shade, lettuce etc are not that sort. Either you have to have a room where the sun streams in most of the day and/or provide powerful artificial light. Neither are likely to be cheap.

You don't say where you are but if climate permits a sunny balcony would be better than gloomy indoors.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott