Help an amateur please!!

Hi,
Just need a bit of advice on how to look after this plant please, the bottom of each has started to die off........?
Also should I cut off the twig like things sprouting from the plant itself??
Sorry I am a bit of an amateur where this is concerned and would appreciate any help as I want to get it right!!
http://i30.tinypic.com/n2nzt2.jpg
Thanks
Matt
--
Matt.h319

The die off is normal, leaves shaded out by the leaves above. Cut em if you want, they are the remains of the flower heads.
Thanks for the info,
Do you know what type of plant it is??
--
Matt.h319

Appears to be a form of Yucca.
here is information on trees if you like
--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.