Hello, advice needed.

First of all I'd like to say Hi first post here.

Secondly I'd like some advice on a couple of things....

Firstly I'm need some plants to go in my front garden(if you can call it a garden) see picture below it gets the sun in the morning, the soil isn't very deep

[image:
Secondly I'd like some plant to go in bed in the back garden something to provide cover [image:
These plants have to be low maintenance Thanks in advance
Reply to
notverygoodatga

In your front garden if the soil isn't deep my first thought would be bedding, maybe some marigolds, or whatever you fancy, hardy Gernaniums seem quite good, although I find the foliage can be a little scruffy.

Maybe some hardy Orchids, something with a little interest. Fuchsia maybe, although I'm not sure how deep they root to be honest.

As for your bed, maybe you can try a viburnum if you're after something with a trunking form, or a Pieris formosa. If you want low lying, maybe an Azalea or a Hipericum, Acer perhaps?

Reply to
stephenprudence

Cheers for the reply, I'll check them out, might aswell be a foreign language to me but the man at the homebase will help I'm sure

Reply to
notverygoodatga