Hello, advice needed.

First of all I'd like to say Hi first post here.
Secondly I'd like some advice on a couple of things....
Firstly I'm need some plants to go in my front garden(if you can call it a garden) see picture below it gets the sun in the morning, the soil isn't very deep
[image:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg229/meerkat33/IMG_0093.jpg]
Secondly I'd like some plant to go in bed in the back garden something to provide cover
[image:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg229/meerkat33/IMG_0094.jpg]
These plants have to be low maintenance Thanks in advance
--
notverygoodatga

In your front garden if the soil isn't deep my first thought would be bedding, maybe some marigolds, or whatever you fancy, hardy Gernaniums seem quite good, although I find the foliage can be a little scruffy.
Maybe some hardy Orchids, something with a little interest. Fuchsia maybe, although I'm not sure how deep they root to be honest.
As for your bed, maybe you can try a viburnum if you're after something with a trunking form, or a Pieris formosa. If you want low lying, maybe an Azalea or a Hipericum, Acer perhaps?
--
stephenprudence

stephenprudence;894391 Wrote: > In your front garden if the soil isn't deep my first thought would be > bedding, maybe some marigolds, or whatever you fancy, hardy Gernaniums > seem quite good, although I find the foliage can be a little scruffy.

> maybe, although I'm not sure how deep they root to be honest.

> with a trunking form, or a Pieris formosa. If you want low lying, maybe > an Azalea or a Hipericum, Acer perhaps?
Cheers for the reply, I'll check them out, might aswell be a foreign language to me but the man at the homebase will help I'm sure
--
notverygoodatga