Helleborus?

Page 3 of 3

Isn't that subspecies known as stinky hellebore? Do they smell bad? :)
Reminds me of the old Ren and Stimpy cartoons. Steeenky! :)

stinking
Only if you start tearing or crushing the leaves, I hear.

Thanks a lot for the info! I'll give it a try. I value some Hellebores over others and now have a possible way to go more in that direction. Next on my learning curve will be hand pollination ;)).
Best
Bill
--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Actually Jackson Perkins has some deer proof flowering perennials in their catalog, like some nice deep blue monk's hood.