Hedging Question

Hi All,
Can anyone offer some advice on this topic.
I have recently purchased a property which is surrounded by a large conifer hedge, its 5ft deep and 14ft high. Parts of the edge are dead where it has previously been cut back too far and sections are completely dead.
1) Is it possible to replace sections of the hedge with mature conifer? 2) Any ideas of cost or websites on where to purchase mature conifer for hedging.