"He met with terrorists? Oh, that's good."

Edwards played along, but his aides were indignant. They warned the veep candidate that the story was already out of control and about to get worse. Historian Douglas Brinkley, author of a wartime biography of Kerry, cautioned that Kerry's diary included mention of a meeting with some North Vietnamese terrorists in Paris. Edwards was flabbergasted. "Let me get this straight," the senator said. "He met with terrorists? Oh, that's good."
Priceless, simply priceless.

Ouch, the quote is from Newsweek, witdim.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6420967/site/newsweek /

The Nobel Prize, let me see Arafat and Carter- terror king and the worst American president of the 20 th century- indeed
Next you'll be telling me that Ramsey Clark is an American patriot and Kofi Annan is pure as the driven snow.
"Progressives" are in denial and blinded by hatred of the US. Democratic party bashing of the US didn't work. The party of Moore and Franken got drubbed.
"We have lost just about everything that we can lose." said Nancy Pelosi, injecting a bit of reality into the party response.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (IntarsiaCo) wrote:

You left out mass murderer Henry Kissinger. Your blinders are as obvious as your need for attention starting multiple threads addressed to me. I was willing & eager to give you the attention cuz these are topics of interest to me, but if you're too loony to do it in one thread & want to start many off-topic threads because you're lonesome for me, then I am less interested, because I really do come here for gardening talk & don't want merely to assist trollings.

If you didn't already make a habit of revealing a lunatic perspective on the world, that one would've spilled the red hot peppers all over your naked lap. You & Trent Lott would still be happy in a Perfect America with child laborers dying of blacklung, rigid racial segregation, no votes for women, & an ongoing pretense that organized crime doesn't exist, but progressives have put an end to your dreams & your King George will only ever succeed at turning the clock back a little bit before it swings toward liberty once again.
But thanks for the reminder about what the world you're eager to return to really is all about.
-paghat the ratgirl

I do believe that you were the one to recently inject politics into this group, but if you can't stand the heat.......... or the truth......over on your back like a puppy and bare your throat.
You sound just like Whiney Juan Williams on NPR.
The Democratic's are in turmoil, the advantage goes to the party that sees with the most clarity.
it has gone to the party that never underestimates the intelligence of Americans. all over the rest of the civilized world religion is supported by the state and their citizens have no use for organized religion. here in the US we got a separation of church and state and a hell of a lot of people simply cannot get enough of it, need it playing in the background 7/24. maybe the only way we can free Americans from religious obsession is to shove it down their throats. Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (IntarsiaCo) wrote:

Aieeeee, this hurts my ears. Apparently we "got" a separation of grammer and Ingrid

Please clarify the above statement, it is not lucid.
On 08 Nov 2004 13:40:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (IntarsiaCo) wrote:

Can't argue with that. The pussy Dems *are* in turmoil; can't come up with a coherent message for the voters; instead continue to kiss Administration ass in the Congress.
The grim Reps see with total clarity.
They are united in trashing the Constitution via Presidential dictat and confirmation of Supremes with extreme Rightwing views; supporting more for the rich, less for the poor; wrecking the educational "system" - controlling everybody's mind in the US version of Islamic madrassas and illegal data mining; trashing the environment (apres moi le deluge); keeping oil prices artificially high to benefit the real rulers of America; killing GIs and Iraqui civilians; controlling women's bodies... the list goes on...
Persephone

More problems for a Democrat constituency:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to decide a legal dispute over whether states can prevent convicted felons from voting. Acting after last week's elections, the justices refused to consider an appeal in cases from Washington and New York state on the reach of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which prohibits voter disqualification based on race. Every state in the nation except Maine and Vermont deny the right to vote to convicted felons in prison. Most of the laws also deny the right to vote to felons on parole or probation, and 14 states ban felons from voting even after they have served their sentences, civil rights experts said.

hm. he does have trouble keeping a bicycle upright