Hawaian Tis won't sprout

We planted 6" Ti logs in small pots, earth kept moist, about 9/7. No growth yet. Any ideas? Lie down in water, or...? Thanks. Brad
opined:

I have yet to ever have one sprout. I always get those from people when they go to Hawaii. I think I'd rather have a hoola skirt.

In my mind's eye pic of you, it just wouldn't go with your wardrobe and home decor, V :-)
I suppose one could always turn a hula skirt into a garden feature..dress a tree, or make a fluttering screen. Birds might nest in it.
Janet.
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:08:14 +0100, Janet Baraclough..

You minds eye of my wardrobe and home decor is, what?
Just a question, not a challenge.

Just remember the answer to your question is also not a challenge then:-) I have a minds-eye picture of lots of usenet contacts, which is invariably unlike their real-life self when we ever meet up. But you asked so here goes. In my minds eye, you are an amplybosomed blonde with tously hair, in a grey tracksuit and a white house, and you seem to spend a lot of time relaxing on that pale couch eating chocs and watching daytime TV, in a big light minimalist room with a wall of glass overlooking the garden. I even have minds-eye pics of your garden ( a compliment).
Janet
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:57:20 GMT, Brad Snow

I have one of these and it sprouted but took about 3-4 weeks. It's doing fine now. Did you scrape the wax off both ends of the log?. My instructions said to submerge in water until the roots started to sprout then place in soil. Lit Ticker
*Please REMOVE the obvious for my correct email address*
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:40:17 GMT, Lit Ticker

Thnks, I'll try that. That's what I vaguely remember doing with the only other Ti I grew, but that was about 33 years ago:) -Brad