hate to make new englanders jealous

Grumble!

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

.....but here in the drought-stricken northwest, I've had crocus and iris reticulata blooming for several weeks - and my town is a cold zone 6. Seriously, we could use all the snow you're having and more - otherwise, our forests are going to burn like matchsticks all summer long. But instead we are having one warm sunny day after another. I've been watering my lawn and shrubs for the past two weeks.

Reply to
gregpresley

"gregpresley" expounded:

Meanie!

Reply to
Ann

Well, some of us don't really mind. We have lots of water here and the only drawback to that is the likely mosquito population boom next summer. I can wait for that.

We just have to get used to the rhythm of the seasons where we are. This is the anxiously waiting season in New England.

Reply to
dps

Eh, it's been in the 80s down here for a lot of the winter. Most days don't go below 65 and just about everything which has foliage is blooming all winter this year. Strange year. We've had double the normal rain last year, and for this year we are way ahead to date.

escape