hate to make new englanders jealous

.....but here in the drought-stricken northwest, I've had crocus and iris reticulata blooming for several weeks - and my town is a cold zone 6. Seriously, we could use all the snow you're having and more - otherwise, our forests are going to burn like matchsticks all summer long. But instead we are having one warm sunny day after another. I've been watering my lawn and shrubs for the past two weeks.
On 3/9/05 5:31 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "gregpresley"

Grumble!
Cheryl

Meanie!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Eh, it's been in the 80s down here for a lot of the winter. Most days don't go below 65 and just about everything which has foliage is blooming all winter this year. Strange year. We've had double the normal rain last year, and for this year we are way ahead to date.