Harvest Pumpkin

Hi

Growing Pumpkin Delica F1, which are small dark green fruits. Can these be harvested once they're upto size, or is it necessary to leave them on the vine all summer? Some are getting destroyed by pests, so harvest now would be good if its a workable option.

Regards, NT

Reply to
NT

I don't know what this hybrid pumpkin is, but the general rule with pumpkins is that if they sound hollow when you rap on them with your knuckle (like knocking on a door) they're done and can be harvested. The other loose rule of thumb is that if something is eating it, you can too (but that is a much looser rule as some animals will eat anything at any time).

Reply to
FarmI

thank you, that should save me losing some fruit

NT

Reply to
NT