Hardy Hibiscus hasn't shown sign of life yet.

Hello,
I'm in zone 5.
I bought a hardy hibiscus (the lable said zone 5) from local nursery last fall, and planted it near a rose of sharon and a mini rose. The rose has bloomed. The rose of sharon has leaf in its lowe branches. There is no sign of the hardy hibiscus.
I want to plant another mini rose in its spot. But I don't want to kill my hardy hibiscus if it's not dead yet. How can I found out?
Thanks.
I'm in the same zone and my two hardy hibiscuses (hibisci?) are about 4 feet tall but not budding yet. If you have nothing at all, maybe it's time to hold a funeral. Lori

A hardy Hibiscus is very late about showing signs of life.But I would say if yours has not shown any life by now I would hold that funeral. I live in zone 7 and mine is blooming now.

Thanks all.
I dug it out. There wasn't much roots left. It was dead indeed.
I put a Heritage (AUSblush) in its place. Hopefully, it'll live longer than the hibiscus.