hardy begonia ????????????????????

I live in zone 9 and recently my wife bought a begonia that the salesperson said was hardy enough to stay out all Winter. We do get the occasional frost, and I'm very dubious about this claim. Any comments would be welcome.
Thanks
John
Yes sweetpea, the Japanese Begonia grandis var. evansiana is completely cold hardy to zone 6 and maybe a bit further north. It even has a tendency to become weedy by producing many bulbils in the leaf axils.
http://www.google.com/search?svnum &hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=%22begonia%20grandis%22&btnG=Search&sa=N&tab=iw

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/722 /
alice
///Owen\\\ wrote:

Thanks for the replies - I've learned something about begonias and what a great group this is
John