Hard Ground problems and stumps

I recently cut down all trees n bushes at the side of mum and dads hous
for me to lay turf down, its left big stumps that iv tried rotting bu nothinks happened.Does any one know how to get rid of the stumps plz?
Its been about 3 months since i cut the bushes down so the ground ha gone rock hard, whats will be the best way to to lay turf down. im onl 18 so im still living at home so i aint that good at gardening. If an one can help plz do so. ta
-- pbuddy06

Drill a 1 inch hole in each stump. Fill the hole with Salt Peter aka Sodium Nitrate and let sit a year. Then burn it. You may need a permit?
I just let stumps rot a slower form of oxidation ;)) but I'm dealing with oak not cedar.
My brother never cut down trees he always digs them out. That way you can leverage the tree to pop it out. Come alongs mean anything to you? Sounds like a lot of toil but over time it is not too bad.
If you want quick results you need energy or money in one form or another.
Bill
--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade