Guess Who I Saw Today

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:08:09 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

Africanized honey bees which began over in de motherland and then to South America and then hitched a ride to the warmer parts of North America.
Add pictures here
✖
Way Back Jack wrote:

The Africanized honey bees in the Western Hemisphere are of mixed descent from 26 Tanzanian queen bees of A. m. scutellata, accidentally released by a replacement bee-keeper in 1957 near Rio Claro, São Paulo, in the southeast of Brazil, from hives operated by biologist Warwick E. Kerr, who had interbred honey bees from Europe and southern Africa.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:49:34 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

I understand that they are not as efficient in pollinating as the European strain and, more importantly, they are dangerous. People on lawn tractors 50 yds. from the hive have been killed because the mower's noise aggravated them. Testing how far they will chase a person from the hive, researchers measured 1/4 mile as opposed to less than 50 yds. for European honey bees and even wasps.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Like fire ants, they also only exist in the South. In my area there are a lot of "wild" European honey bees. They took a real hit a decade ago from the varroa mite, but have come back strong and are everywhere. Now it's the bumblebees that are in trouble, but I am confident they will recover as soon as the resistant population has a chance to multiply.
Add pictures here
✖
Larry wrote:

don't worry about fire ants here, worry about bullet ants, they won't kill you but the pain is like being shot with a bullet and lasts 24hrs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEWmynRcEEQ

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Yeah, BFD. I've had shingles.
Add pictures here
✖
Larry wrote:

a pox waiting to happen
Add pictures here
✖
I agree with you...
http://www.heatedtowelrailsoutlet.co.uk / http://www.gazebosoutlet.co.uk / http://www.patioheatersoutlet.co.uk /
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:53:13 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

How bout eating a pound of shit.
If there are bees that sting when you merely get within 10 ft., they are Africanized honey bees. Those vicious bastards are not in this neck of the woods ..... yet.
I'm talking about the European honey bee which has gotten scarce due to biological and/or chemical agents. Don't you get any news on the rez?
Hell, I'm old enough to remember when Euro bees were all over the flowers and clover grasses, even plantain. And this was in an urban jungle where if you were lucky enough to have a lawn, it was the size of a postage stamp.
Add pictures here
✖
Way Back Jack wrote:

we have never had a shortage of any kind of bee around here at all and there are plenty of euro bees for sure, now how do you think they made africanized honey bees? yeah using an euro bee, there is a rez down here??? wow thats news, would rather hear about that than bees. i live in a urban jungle my yard is the size of a postage stamp i think, and bugs are plentiful including wandering spiders which can kill you. so much for living in a city.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:03:35 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

Nobody said that Euro bees were totally eliminated, just that their numbers have been decimated nationally. I mean even some Armenians survivied their own genocide.
Duh.
Add pictures here
✖

"their own genocide"????

Not all African hives show overly defensive behavior; some colonies are quiet, which gives a beginning point for beekeepers to breed a gentler stock.[24] This has been done in Brazil, where bee incidents are much less common than they were during the first wave of the African bees' colonization. Now that the African bee has been "re-domesticated", it is considered the bee of choice for beekeeping in Brazil.
Adieu, gentlemen.
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?
✖
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:51:44 -0700, Billy wrote:

Their genocide as perpetrated by the Toiks.

.
Add pictures here
✖