Guess it's time to limiting my composting efforts

While I know I can keep dumping stuff in the black bin, the snow makes it a bit more of a PITA and we're out of the fresh stuff season now anyway. I'm trying hard to do more locally grown fresh stuff and those just are not available now. I'll still dump the big stuff, potato peels and such, but for now the coffee and tea bags are just hitting the trash can.
Cheryl
--
Cheryl Isaak
Southern NH
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Why can't you place the coffee, tea, etc. in a small covered pail outdoors near your house where it will freeze solid this time of year (NH is a free natural freezer for like 1/3 the year), then walk it out to your composter whenever weather permits. During winter I make use of a five gallon covered plastic contractor's bucket in my attached unheated garage... winters are long and cold in upstare NY too... and I probably generate more kitchen scraps during winter than summer. Seems silly to negate a major portion of your kitchen scraps for really no good reason whatsoever. Those rectangular plastic cat litter buckets with the integrel hinged lids work very well too. The tight fitting lids are important or mice will get in and they won't be able to climb out... I drill a few small holes in the lid for evaporation but mostly it stays frozen solid all winter so ther eis no odor. I wouldn't bother saving kitchen scraps at all if I didn't save them all.
On 12/12/09 10:47 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

full hibernation here in southern NH
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:53:30 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

Worm bin in the basement...