Growing temperate climate fruit trees in Thailand.

My friend would like to grow fruit trees in Bangkok, Thailand which grow well in Southern California. Probably some stone fruits, persimmons, jujubes, etc.Of course, they would have to be low winter chill trees. Does anyone have experience with growing non-native fruit trees there? Any success? I suppose the amount of rain would determine which varieties to grow. Thanks.