growing plants for security as well as aesthics

For security reasons, I am looking for a quick growing, thick and prickly solution to a fence that borders a public highway.
can you recommend some planting for this? I rather go down this route than for generic broken glass and barbed wire.
--
grincherum

recommendations are needed. The other thing you might do is check with local authorities about your liability when some wandering ner-do-well trespasser is impaled on this stuff.
Portland homeowner is fed up after 5th burglary from scum bags accessing his property from railroad line that runs along his property. Homeowner plants highly effective naturalized security barrier. Scum bag is trapped and impaled on thorny Pyracantha (marvelously lethal shrub) with loot swiped from locked garden shed (window broken out for access). Scum bag gets 30 day deferred sentence, homeowner gets nailed with a $2.5 million law suit for bodily injury and undue mental anguish to scum bag. Scum bag wins. .......go figure.
Val

Blackberries
--

Billy

No one has ever managed to cut through my 15 foot deep mixed raspberry - rosa multiflora hedge. Step one foot in, and you'll need a pruning shear to cut yourself free.
Dunno where you're located in the UK, but didn't your hedgerows stop Sherman tanks in WWII?
The hedgerows were in France.
grincherum wrote:

Osage: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1016/is_3_106/ai_65774772
In article