Growing Lychee

Hi there, I succeeded to get something from an avocado seed, This took longer than expected but it's very nice to it growing.
My girlfriend bought some lychee the other day and I was wondering if it's possible to get something from it . Can I use the same technics as for the avocado seed ?
Thanks for your help
SF
PS : I dont expect to get fruits from these trees .

Google shows: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/asianveg/msg0811252229948.html http://www.lycheesonline.com/faqs.cfm http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/lychee.html
So it seems like it might work (and since you say you aren't hoping for fruit, that simplifies things). One of the above links does say you need to start it right away, and not let it dry out.

Hard to say much that's sensible without knowing where you are.
David

Indoors, I'm assuming. Lychee are hardy to zone 9 or zone 10 or so. And if you wanted a full-size tree you probably wouldn't want to start from seed, anyway.

Thanks for your answers both of you . I want to grow it indoor. I'm not sure how big those tree get after the years but starting from seed I think I have time to see.
I 'm living at Seattle WA so indoor is the only option for now. The winter are getting quite cold. I will possibly arrange something to get enough light during the summer also .
Stephane