Growing cotton

Page 2 of 2
Fran Farmer wrote:

"America" ?
--
David

Once upon a time on usenet Fran Farmer wrote:

[snip]

Niel Young?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3bGEFxGC0

--
Shaun.

On 28/11/2014 12:45 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:

Bingo!!!!!!!!! Thank you, you hit the nail on the head. Great to have an answer.
I'm amazed that there are so many songs about Alabama. I've played a heap on You tube but needed the answer before I could haear the right one. Thanks again. Sorry for the delay in replying - been away at the beach for a few days.
~misfit~ wrote:

Yep that's it, I said "America" not correct.
--
David

But closer in style than country music. Now I've got "Eagle Rock" running in my brain. Somehow Daddy Cool's Eagle Rock goes along with the beach. I'm sure that beign the only other Aussie here you'll be the only person here who understand the reference though :-))
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:49:20 -0500, in rec.gardens Brooklyn1

Birmingham, by Randy Newman?
--
Bart Dinnissen

"I hate mysteries. They bug me. They need to be solved."
On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:49:16 +0100, in rec.gardens Bart Dinnissen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-_0RUtwPg

--
Bart Dinnissen

"I hate mysteries. They bug me. They need to be solved."
Once upon a time on usenet Fran Farmer wrote:

I'm pleased that I could help. It's what first came to mind when you asked the question (I'm psychic <g>) but as soon as you mentioned a nasal sound I was sure. ;-)
FWIW I really like the song, as well as a lot of Neil Young songs from that era. He plays lead guitar like nobody else - almost discordant at times but never enough to be unpleasant or jarring, just enough to make me sit up and listen. The lead in "Words" is sublime and the solos in "Like a Hurricane" aren't too shabby either.
I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Here in NZ after a pretty cold and miserable spring apparently summer's going to arrive properly in the next few days. I'll believe it when I see it.
Cheers,
--
Shaun.