Growing companions around the world

Just to let you all know I have been growing my own friends in the UK for some time now and was thinking it was time to give some of my experience back and perhaps make a little bit of money back to pay for collecting around the world.

Don't be lonely any more - get a pet, get several. Don't have room for a cat or dog? Tired of sea-monkeys?

Grow your own cockroaches! Watch the cute little tykes romping about in their cage, get that feeling of warmth and empathy as they come up to eat (from) your hand. Learn to tell the individuals by the way they flutter their little wings, in time you can call them by name (1).

Send $50 and a stamped self-addressed envelope to get your first supply of special high protein cockroach food dusted with live eggs. Think of the money you will save as you no longer buy roach sprays and bombs. You can be surrogate mother (or father) to millions! All you need is love.

Be quick as this offer won't be open for long. Just for a bit of fun the first 100 customers also get a litter of Rattus rattus! But wait there's more, one in ten will be carriers of Yersina pestis! You won't offers like this every day.

Thanks for your time and happy growing.

David

(1) They won't respond but you can call them all you like.

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

LOL. OK David, do tell. What is it that has got up your left nostril so much that you've making this wonderful offer.

Reply to
Farm1

the edjiot offering to help you grow tobacco

David Hare-Scott

Ah. That particular idiot.

How's your garden going? Did you get that snow dump the other night? We did and it was most spectacular - full cover as far as the eye could see. Turns out when we read the guage we got 50mm which was beginning to be needed. Did a fiar bit of damage to trees 9radiatas, wattles and eucs) as we've had a lot of dropped boughs - didn't do a thing to upset the apple blossoms, or cause the damsons to drop but a few small rose sprigs were broken.

Reply to
Farm1

I have the pump and the wide spayers out watering all the gardens. The pasture is browning off, clover not coming on much, I am fairly de-stocked so that isn't a big worry yet.

No, you are higher and souther than I am. Up the Barringtons did get a dusting but all the precipitation here has been very light to nothing at all for months.

That is most unlikely to ever happen here even in mid-winter.

Turns out when we read the guage we got 50mm which was

And now for the good news ... we had artichokes (with aioli) last night and there are more on the way. If I lean towards the keyboard you will get a whiff and that's from last year's crop. This year's garlic will be ready in a couple of weeks.

David Hare-Scott