Growing Cactai in my flat

Hi,
Hello this is my first post! I'm planning on growing potted cactai in my flat, I am often only at home on weekends so Cactai seem like the ideal choice.
I am particularly interested in growing Peyote, however I understand this can be difficult to cultivate so would like some advice. I understand that even mature Peyote are relatively small so I can have a few of them round the flat.
Any advice on watering, soil, pot size, food etc would all be welcome. As well as any info on where I can pick up seeds or seedlings etc.
I'll also probably grow a San Pedro cactus, but I understand that these are much easier to manage, also much larger so I will only have one!
Thanks in advance.
--
JDOD

Add pictures here
βœ–

Is peyote illegal to grow?
Karen
Add pictures here
βœ–

Be advised, United States federal law (and many state laws) protects the harvest, possession, consumption and cultivation of peyote as part of "bonafide religious ceremonies" (the federal statute is 42 USC §1996a "Traditional Indian religious use of the peyote sacrament," exempting only Native American use, while some state laws exempt any general "bonafide religious activity") http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote#United_States
I would guess that Peyote needs strong sunlight, since it is a desert plant. Other than a strong grow light, and a timer switch, I don't see a problem. You may want to get some of that cactus potting soil.
Good luck.

--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.

Add pictures here
βœ–

As Lenny Bruce said,"The only time I ever got into trouble with the law is when I used common sense".
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.
βœ–

You'd say the same about opium poppies and marijuana, I suppose.
Lots of things are naturally occuring, like farts and burps, and sex, but in a civilized society, it's not just a free for all.
Karen
Add pictures here
βœ–

<http://deoxy.org/leary.htm
Bill I'd just ingest nutmeg in moderation.
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Add pictures here
βœ–

³Five days a week my Body is a Temple, the other two Days itΉs an Amusement Park!²
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.
βœ–
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 17:05:47 -0400, Bill who putters

Nutmeg tastes better also.......uh, so I hear.
Charlie
Add pictures here
βœ–
Eh.... I was only wondering if anyone had any advice on growing cactai....
With regards to the comment on why I think naturally occuring plants should be legal (karen (3)'s post) - thats simple, they should be provided you are not trying to profit from it and/or are causing harm to others. Like anything really.
--
JDOD

Add pictures here
βœ–