growing bananas indoors -- is this for real?

Hello,
I've seen several websites claiming that you can grow certain varieties of bananas indoors as houseplants. These plants are said to be 5 feet (1.7 m) or shorter, and able to tolerate houehold temperatures.
1. Is this for real? 2. What about transportation? Suppose I buy a corm through the mail. Does it hurt for a corm to freeze (in the mail), the same it would hurt the full plant? (I live in Wisconsin, and the temps today are below zero Fahrenheit. I can wait until June, I suppose, to order.) 3. What else do I need to know?
Thank you very much!
Ted Shoemaker

Two words - mealy bugs.
Cheryl

The mealy bugs, the mealy bugs They are such thugs the mealy bugs Pick them out to drop in jugs Of soapy lye & mealy bugs.
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:13:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (paghat) posted:

"Rats"
http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,12084,1384777,00.html
Implanted
He's asking about growing bananas not going bananas!!!!!