Growing Amaranth

Has anyone tried growing Amaranth grain in your back yard? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Me too. I'm having my first go at amaranth. I started seedlings inside, but I suspect direct seeding would be a better way to go.

I'm as interested in the greens aspect as I am the grain. They are very nutritious, they say.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Most excellant links, Bill. THanks.

Pond work, as in mucking out the winters accumulation of "stuff"?

Stinky stuff, that. Outta be good on the garden, eh?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Every thing was going well but then the GF keep on kicking out. So in and out and up and down who needs a GYM? Time for a new pump me thinks. I can handle stinky stuff but I do not like fish shit sprayed on me.

Bill

BTW That nuworldfood stuff only needs to rest in boiling water.

Reply to
Bill

Ah me, cruel bastard I am, but I got a right good laugh from the mental image thatyour words engendered.........hee hee hee.....

Gotcha.

Go shower, ya' stink! ;-)

Reply to
Charlie

Billy

As you say, so it shall be done.

Also, reports shall commence once the eating starts! :-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie