Grow Computer input request

Hi All. I'm doing a redesign for a grow computer. I would like any input concerning functions you would like to see it do. Here's a list of functions so far:
Sense and control watering based on time or sensors. Sense and control heaters in case of freezing. Sense and average light levels to determine fertilizer requirements. Communication system (power line/radio) for remote control.
Is there some way to determine grow rates that can be incorporated? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Larry
P.S. There is a controller at: http://www.pacificsites.com/~snyder/Sprinkler / That any can copy if they want.
Larry Snyder said:

In September [1], you posted about designing it, were asked some very good questions about what you were trying to accomplish, yet didn't respond. Was it a failure, and now it's being redesigned? Perhaps responding to the questions may have helped.

Will each plant have it's own sensor and controller? They all have different watering needs, you know.

So, heaters will only be required "in case of freezing"? What kind of plants are you growing?

Since when is light the determining factor in fertilizer requirements?

I thought it was a computer? Is the computer going to sit outside in your garden? How will you protect it, the communications equipment, and the sensors, from the elements? It doesn't sound very cost-effective to me.

Sure. How about: get off your ass and watch the plants with your eyes, instead of trying to do it with a computer?

See above.

You're welcome.
--

Eggs

Can a storm be officially designated as a tornado without touching down at

Hi Eggs. My original design used a obsolete chip unknown to me at the time. The new one uses a pic chip. It is my opinion that food production is about to become critical. Once this design is done, I will make it available to everyone. My attempt is to design a grow system that is cheap and easily modified to nearly any crop or environment. The idea is to have a programmable stand alone system. I was hoping someone could come up with a way of measuring growth rate electronically. From net literature, infrared temperature measurement looks possible (along with humidity, ambient temp). Solar powered would be nice too. I'm hoping to get this built for under $10. I'll know more later. Thanks for your response Larry