Grow computer

Hi All. I'm designing a computer to automate my garden. I'm looking for input as to what it should do. At present, the design includes for each plant: a timer to start/stop watering a soil moisture sensor to start/stop watering a spectrum analyzer to look at plant colors The unit will operate water valves and dispense fertilizer (probably built in). The software will be different for different plants. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks Larry
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:34:27 -0700, "Larry Snyder"

[Two minute rule initiated]..............
[analysis complete. previous input deleted]
Sounds like a fun science project!
Care Charlie
--
FB - FFF - DOS 1

"Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of

Assuming that "garden" actually means outdoors in the sunshine and dirt.
How will you determine when fertiliser is required and how much?
What will plant colours tell you? How will the computer act on that?
What is your strategy for evaluating the sucsess your equipment and software? How will it take into account matter outside your control, eg temperature and sunlight?
What about disease and insect damage?
David

Believe you meant the timer for the duration of watering.
The moisture sensor is the crux of on/off of the watering system. If it goes bad and irrigation is not monitored personally, garden could either go dry or be turned on/off in a radical manner producing flooding.
The reason I mention this if the user goes on a 2 week vacation elsewhere, could be a major problem. Dave
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:34:27 -0700, "Larry Snyder"

Sounds like a fun science project, but not a garden, IMNSHO.
Care Charlie

Sure, Larry.