Ground Ivy REALLY, REALLY bad this year...

Does anyone else notice that ground Ivy is REALLY,REALLY bad this year? I guess there's no getting rid of this stuff huh? If so, what's YOUR attack plan?
I'm trying putting Roundup on a few leaves to see if it kills out the vines. About half my back yard is ground Ivy I think.
My experience has been that if you use Roundup you will 'chase back' the vine several feet past where you sprayed.
Dave