Ground IVY...Creeping Charlie...how to rid it

Creeping Charlie and or Ground Ivy has taken over my yard (grass) does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of it???
jimmy wrote:

You can do a lot of damage to it just by fluffing it up with a rake right before you mow (so the mower blades can get to it.)
Triclopyr herbicide is effective; you can get it in Ortho Brush-B-Gon, or some herbicide formulations for chickweed, or a farm chemical called Garlon. I'm not sure if Dicamba works against it or not, but 2,4-d and its derivatives do not.
I recommend a combination of pulling the stuff out by hand, mowing, and lastly, applying Brush-B-Gon to what comes back. HTH
Bob

We had the same problem and used this stuff called Weed Beater Plus by Bonide. It works wonderfully. All of our ground ivy is gone, along with all the other weeds, but the grass is still just fine. It may take 2-3 weeks until it's all gone, and may take more than 1 application, but after this time you can throw down more grass seed if needed.
Viana

Forgot to mention, we used the concentrated liquid formula, mixed it with water according to the directions, and applied it with a pump sprayer. We picked it up at our local Agway. It costs about $20. Here's a link to what the bottle looks like:
http://www.daytonnursery.com/products/weed%20beater%20crabgrass.jpg
Viana

Use Ortho Max, it works, I've been trying it this year. You MIGHT need to applications. FOLLOW LABEL DIRECTIONS. Their Oxalis/chickweed killer works too.