Ground cherries

Anybody grow them? Anybody dry them out like raisins? Make jam or preserves from them? Dip them in chocolate? Have any horticultural tips for maximizing yield?

viv

Reply to
vivian

I haven't tried this recipe. I never got enough fruit at one time to make it; until maybe at the end of the season when we'd lost interest in the ground cherries because no one liked them all that much.

Cape Gooseberry Jam

Cape gooseberries are the little round pale yellow-green fruits that have a little dried paper lantern around them when they are ripe. Don't use this recipe for regular gooseberries as the sugar proportions are different.

6 lb husked cape gooseberries 4 1/2 lb sugar 1 US pint water

Prick the gooseberries with a large needle and layer in a large pot with the sugar. Pour the water over the top. Boil gently until it reaches setting point. Jar as you will.

-- Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

we are trying them year for the very first time. I have a recipe for pie that came with the seeds. try googling cape gooseberries

Reply to
Lynn