Ground Beef Recall Expanded

I think its sort of like the opponents to stem cell research. Chicken eggs are meant to make little chickens. Eggs just for the sake of eggs is against Catholicism. '-)

Reply to
doofy

Uh oh. Bad day of fishing?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What, you have a thing against tough roots that taste like dirt, no matter what you do to them? Elitist!

Reply to
doofy

What can I say? You bring out the best in me:-) You know that most of us here in rec.gardens.edible are geezers. Most of us are dying of something. We try not to make too much of it but that is because we are adults. SaY, I'd like to share the photos of my hemorrhoid operation or shall we go back to gardening and that favorite ass-hole of your's, Bush? Maybe you can tell us how intelligent you are by naming the page you are on now in Omnivore's Dilemma? You had me fooled but you are such a jerk.

Reply to
Billy

LOL. Janet you are naughty! You know very well that isn't what I meant at all!

Reply to
FarmI

What absolute rubbish! Killing cattle without first stunning them is hardly 'more humane', in fact I consider it to be barbaric.

You should try visiting an abbattoir and you might learn something.

Reply to
FarmI

Sigh! Did your parents have sex in order to produce you? If they did and you agree that we are all "terminal" then you have a "sexually transmitted terminal condition".

It can also apply to "test tube" babies too though since "sexually" in a biological, reproductive sense means a fusion of male and female gametes.

Reply to
FarmI

I was not recommending doing this, merely speculating on why Darwin's theory wasn't working in this particular instance. I do have a food handlers card (from 2 decades ago - I wonder if it's still good)

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Billy expounded:

Try acting like one.

Page 254 (it starts out in the middle of a sentence, "the superior qualities of exceptionally fresh food grown with care and without chemicals", But I con't care to discuss it with you further, as you're the only jerk in this conversation.

Reply to
Ann

Heh. Gobis have decimated a smallmouth bass spot I used to enjoy. I have declared war on gobis. Results are pretty much negligible.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The whole eating meat thing, to me, is barbaric. If I am wrong in what I said regarding how a Rabbi oversees the slaughter, I apologize. I also agree it's all barbaric which is why I don't eat animals.

Reply to
Jangchub

Yes, I understand. I just don't view life as a disease. Life is what ends, but it's not a disease. This is getting silly now.

Reply to
Jangchub

labeling is the only answer. even the "cool" laws which requires labeling origin of food is not enforced. but if people started calling out the managers every time we shop and start asking them to identify "where does this come from" maybe they would. Ingrid

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 20:35:10 -0700, Billy wrote: If people want to eat GMOs and eat irradiated meat, that is

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

actually, eating a low carb, high protein/fat diet will lower BP and cholesterol. One day DH came home from the physicians with Lipitor. I threw the Lipitor into the garbage and went thru the house throwing all the processed grains and other carbs out. He started eating the low carb diet, high protein diet and the next checkup DH's cholesterol was great. It is a fight for me to keep the crap out of the house. DH does the shopping and sneaks stuff in. I find it, I throw it. I find candy wrappers etc in the car.

50% of people with heart disease dont have high cholesterol. Cholesterol is a "patch" for wounds in artery tissue. Notice that veins dont become "clogged" like arteries do. Clogged arteries are a sign of an infectious disease by chlamydia and probably other bacteria (they have found shared epitopes).

The anti-cholesterol hysteria is entirely due to pharmaceutical houses profits. until recently they even had a disclaimer at the bottom of their ads "Lipitor has not been found to lower the frequency of heart disease".

Ingrid

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

I'm talking burdock, you're talking....fish.

Reply to
doofy