Ground Beef Recall Expanded

I only knew of wood creosote but I know now of coal tar creosote. Neither sounds appetizing or healthy.

Reply to
Billy

And of course the ever popular alcohol and free and total SO2.

Reply to
Billy

Billy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.conne ct.net.au:

yeah, what Americans call sweet cider is fresh pressed apple juice, unfiltered. the fermented cider is called hard cider. American hard cider can be still or sparkling. if you add honey or sugar when making hard cider, you get cyser, which takes a long time to mellow, but is very nice after a year or more, like an apple wine. brewing leads one off in interesting directions... lee

Reply to
enigma

Have you considered haggis? It'll put hair on your ass.

Father Haskell

So, all those sugar cane growers in my old abode, So. Louisiana, got shafted?

Reply to
doofy

doofy wrote in news:4715970f$0$14125$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

looooong ago. which is a pity, because the biomass from cane is a *much* better source of energy than corn ever will be, plus real sugar is not nearly the heath crisis that HFCS is (HFCS shuts off the chemical receptors in your brain that let you know you've had enough to eat. if you eat a lot of HFCS, you always feel hungry, so overeat... usually junk with more HFCS) lee

Reply to
enigma

The message from Father Haskell contains these words:

That's why we have no bald donkeys here in Scotland.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Food science? Cool. :-)

I do clinical work. Hospital lab.

What are the jobs like in your field?

Other than the current pay rate, I'm getting bored after 20 years.

Reply to
Omelet

Reply to
Omelet

Baluts are better for that.

Reply to
Omelet

After aquavit shots (Note Plural) or glog.

I've not had it cause I can't find it. A friend was over in Sweden doing work stuff when after work the host offered some. My friend being Vietnamese was put off by the can being opened under pressure release. However he ate it to the amazement of his hosts. His comment to me was very much like fish sauce.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Post-google

YUCK!

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I'm very brave when it comes to new foods, but there are just some things I have to draw the line at.

Reply to
Omelet

Sorry hon'!

But believe it or not, there are worse things that are considered "food" in some cultures! ;-D

I think that, so far, this one has to be the worst:

do NOT NOT NOT click on that link unless you have a VERY strong stomach!!!

Reply to
Omelet

Sure made my top 10 ! Still thinking about telling some folks to check it out if in the area. Might be good and I wonder how long folks have done such a thing. We were having dinner a few years back when my kids noticed there were worms on or in our broccoli . I said yes and proceeded to eat it with gusto.

Things we see can be worrisome but the stuff we can't set bother's me. E-Coli comes to mind.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Looked about for this Gem.

Bill

William Wagner

Eukkkch.

Whatever floats your boat babe. If you want maggots drilling thru your intestines...

Cheese is interesting stuff but I refuse to risk dying for it.

Reply to
Omelet

Nah - the egg was worse. My grandfather taught me to eat raw eggs and truly disgusting smelling cheeses. I've eaten suckling pig. I've even tried ducks feet but I don't think I could handle the egg.

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Omelet expounded:

My oh my, omnivores are adventurous, aren't they?

Reply to
Ann

The message from Omelet contains these words:

Maggots are good for you :-)

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough