Ground Beef Recall Expanded

I was serious.

Reply to
Father Haskell

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:45:07 -0700, Father Haskell perhaps wrote or was it Ferd?:

Oopsie!

Reply to
Charlie

This is why I eat many small meals. In the morning I eat a quality oatmeal and add much more water than necessary to really plump it up and I add flaxseeds to it during the last several minutes of cooking. About two hours later, fruit, then a yogurt etc. Fats are also vital in helping keep the full feeling, but psychologically, it is not healthy to need to feel satiated all the time. Some tolerance of hunger is actually healthy and helps with digestion. It's always better to eat when hungry, even if that means ten times a day. As long as the caloric intake is a healthy amount for you weight and body it's prefectly fine.

Deepak Ch>1/3 of Americans have this "eat carb, spike insulin, eat more carb" thing. I

Reply to
Jangchub

Sunnycrest was making them from scratch!

Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C33620A3.6F570% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

not for doughnuts, to make cider :) which, of course, Sunnycrest was making from scratch too. do they sell unpasturized cider? the place i usually get unpasturized cider (& drops) is up for sale. it has good potential, but the current owners were clueless Californians that bought the property, subdivided off lots, built some yuppie houses, & played at the orchard business. it's down to 20 acres, the trees haven't been properly pruned in 4 years (since they bought it) & the house has been redone to excess... the house, store & orchard are for sale at $650k, which is pretty 'cheap' for the area (and less than they paid, but it had a lot more land then), but the taxes are over $11k/year (nice views & i suspect he doesn't know about current use credits). it's a divorce situation. apples didn't make the money they were accustomed to... & the building business is bust here. he's a nice guy. i could probably actually teach him how to run a profitable orchard, but i suspect the other half wants a house sale settlement. lee

Reply to
enigma

Yes!

Too bad. I'm watching one of the other orchards get driven in to the ground. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C336D331.6F5A4% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

which one? Mack's? does MacQuestin have apples? lee

Reply to
enigma

I pretty much only eat when physically hungry any more, but ONLY if I avoid starch and sugar carbs by themselves for the most part.

I usually eat 1 to 2 meals per day depending on how busy I am.

I don't have time to eat on a "schedule". :-P

Reply to
Omelet

The old man appears to putting all his energy into politics.

Don't know - it should by now. Sunnycrest has the cider you want. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C3377391.6F5D8% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

if it was fixing stupid laws like not allowing the use of drops in cider, i'd go along. that one piece of overreactive legislation is destroying a lot of orchards... that & the "view tax" there is one distillery in NH that is allowed to buy & use drops (he makes apple vodka), but they can't possibly save all the orchards in the state (i think he gets drops from only two) lee

Reply to
enigma

Reply to
dr-solo

We should be so lucky. Name the liberal cause, he's on it. I have no problem with him having opinions, but he crosses certain lines... Lets not go into in here...

Hmm - what's the name? I'd check that out.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

You can get Coca Cola made with sugar. Every year Coca Cola makes up a batch of what they call "Kosher Coke" It is sold during the week of Passover. This year I bought a couple dozen 2 liters of the stuff. Unfortunately drunk it all within a month as it's so good. Passover Coke is distinguished fram regular Coke by the yellow cap. I don't know why HFCS is considered "non-kosher" but it is.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

First, Lee, check out the "health food" section of the grocery store. There are sodas that are made with sugar not HFCS. Making your own could be fun.

Ted, corn is a grain and such not allowed during Passover. The only grain product allowed is matzoh. Check out

explains why things are and are not kosher for Passover.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C338BAFA.6F63E% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

most of the natural sodas we've tried have been mediocre to awful :) Saranac makes pretty good soda, but the labels say HFCS... however, the nice people at Saranac Brewery assured us that they no longer are using HFCS, but haven't got the new labels yet. i have started brewing our own. we make beer, so we already have all the 'stuff' to brew sodapop, and i got Tom a kegerator for his birthday, so we can keg the pop instead of having the exploding bottle issue ;) this week i'm making ginger beer (good ginger beer is really hard to find, with or without sugar). i looked at the extracts for make-your-own-sodapop & they use artificial sweeteners for some reason (since they have you add

6 cups of sugar...). i don't do artificial sweeteners. all of the fake sugar substitues, including Splenda, taste really nasty (it's a genetic thing).

lee

Reply to
enigma

"Ted Mittelstaedt" wrote in news:newscache$iwzxpj$qz02$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ipinc.net:

Canadian Coke & some Mexican Coke is made with sugar. it'll be interesting to see what happens with US produced sodapop as the price of corn rises. at some point it may be more cost effective to return to using sugar, despite the artificially high price caused by trade agreements, if all the corn is being wasted on ethanol production... why is it the US quit producing sugar, yet still has import restrictions/price setting structures? lee

Reply to
enigma

That question has an interesting answer. You see, the price support on sugar was never really a subsidy for sugar - there were always too few sugar producers in the USA to matter. Its purpose was to make the price of sugar so high that corn sweetener would be used instead. So, it is actually a subsidy for corn, which has has quite a few supporters in government.

Reply to
MikeSt

pH, total acidity, glucose-frutose, malic acid, potassium, nitrogen (protein), volatile acidity, and an awful lot of dishes.

Reply to
Billy

In France (Brittany) they have cider, sweet cider, and sparkling cider. Sweet cider tastes very much like apple juice but can have a kick like a mule.

Reply to
Billy

Quality empty calorie?

Reply to