Grey laundry water for garden watering?

International carp recipes in one place. Some not the carp mentioned here some are.

I guess one man's fertilizer is another man's delicacy.

Ominivore's

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Hehehehe.... seriously, though, I'll eat almost anything, and if I could find someone to fix me a nice carp, I'd eat it right down. Gar too. :-)

Reply to
Zootal

I don't know that's true... like I said, perhaps the cheap ones but my Rubbermaid trash cans have been out in all sorts of weather for five years now and show no signs of deterioration.... and just there you claim to be using the very same trash cans to catch water off your roof for drinking (potable).

You're lucky to have a free source, most folks have to pay... because such items that are made so well that they're reusable aren't typically free for the taking... and food stores pay a hefty deposit on those containers so they are not in the habit of giving them away, maybe you glom/appropriate yours.

I'd be very wary of any claims from someone who warns that water collection vessels for irrigating the lawn need to be food grade and then totally ignores the question.

Reply to
Sheldon

Oh har dee har har. Charliecarp, what the bloody hell...ain't nothin' like a bloke settin' his own self up fer something like this, eh? I s'pose you are feelin' right cute about yourself, ain't ya? ;-)

'sall right, y'all enjoy yourselves.

Carp in a jug......whoever heard of such shit. Waste of good food, if'ns ya ask me, but since ya didn't, I'm tellin' ya anyways.

I'll quit carping at y'all, for now, and go back to building fence

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

You can pull your head out of your backside now Shelly. So what was that thing about Christians, and why is it an unfortunate name?

Reply to
Billy

You got that absolutely right. A genuine "green" green.

On the more serious side, I have to flush it with water to have the effect I want to keep things going green in low rain times. I generally take a bath, flush the toilet a few times consecutively, run the dishwasher, and run the washer closely together on those days.

I generally use Xtra or Trend (both cheap) liquid washing detergents. I DO NOT use any liquid bleach that goes to the septic tank. I use liquid bleach and water in a 5 gallon plastic bucket to bleach whites. Pour the liquid on the gravel driveway, rinse the clothing, pour the rinse water in same location, then wash clothing. The wastewater in the gravel driveway has neutral effect on foliage that likes to grow there. Generally soak whites for 24 hours or more in bleach/water, less bleach needed. Have not used any bacteria additives to date for the septic tank. For novices, the common way to "start" a septic tank is with yeast from the grocery store. After that, just maintain it with adequate waste and water.

Reply to
Dioclese

Reply to
Omelet

I won't be posting much this week. I had a jury summons this morning and I got picked. :-P Don't know how much I'm going to be able to get out of work on top of it. I work nights and I'll be in court from 9am to 5pm for the rest of the week.

This was my first time ever to get picked to serve.

Reply to
Omelet

Reply to
Omelet

Seize the fish?

Reply to
Omelet

I wonder about using a good ol' fashioned wood barrel, sealed with bees wax?

It'd be more decorative at the very least.

Reply to
Omelet

Hey now, be nice! :-) I've seen pics of Sheldon's gardens and produce. And he is a cat lover. His garden produce is gorgeous.

Reply to
Omelet

Already got a Novel I started today. :-) It's taking the place of the pistol in the fannypack purse Holster.

Can't take one of those into a courthouse, even with the CCW permit. The holster pocket is just the right size to hold a book!

Reply to
Omelet

OK, though it pains me. Shelly, you can re-insert your head if it makes you feel better, but I'm still curious about why Christian is an unfortunate name.

Reply to
Billy

You give "in situ" vasectomies? That's good to know:-0

Reply to
Billy

I remember having a septic tank both in the house in Colorado and in Georgetown when we were renting. The grass over the leach lines was always very green, and we had to be OH so careful what we put down the drains.

The tank flora products were only used if we had to have the tank pumped for whatever reason.

Reply to
Omelet

Ahhh....you have redeemed yourself. ;-)

I have no doubt you would enjoy.

You sound like my kinda person!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

OK, that would explain it;-))

Reply to
Billy

I'm lucky to get 20-30 with my eyes;-)

Reply to
Billy

Kinda like caviar? One man's fishbait is another man's gourmet treat.

Some people consider shrimp and crawfish to be bait too!

Reply to
Omelet