Grey laundry water for garden watering?

Page 2 of 6

Also beware of mosquitos.
--

Billy

In article

That is likely to happen. Use BT dunks.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

That will keep mosquitos out of standing water?
--

Billy

Billy wrote:

Put in some goldfish. Theyre organic eat mossies, and you can always eat them when they grow big enough.

But carp are so bony! ;-)
I'd personally vote for bass or crappie minnows!

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Any recipes for crappie minnows?;-))
--

Billy

In article

Just eat 'em whole! Sushi.
<g>

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
In article

Sashimi... ;-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
In article

I've seen "The Wild", but not the other... Raw foods tend to be higher in nutrition, but that can balance out with some high fiber veggies. Cooking some stuff makes it more digestible.
Most of the time, I cook my steak rare. ;-d
http://i4.tinypic.com/4mkzc40.jpg
Seared on the outside, chilled, and served in a salad. A creative way to serve steak leftovers!

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Try marinading the thinly cut beef in vinaigrette for an hour or two, or over night. Serve with cold leeks or asparagus cut into 1" to 2" lengths, and French bread. Bread, cheese, and red wine, afterwards.
--

Billy

In article

Ooh, sounds yummy! I often use a vinaigrette marinade for grilled chicken over a wood fire. Marinating the asparagus prior to grilling works too. I have one of those veggie grill thingies for the wood grill.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
In article

Heh! Sometimes I fast for a day or two, but not deliberately. Sometimes I'm just too busy to eat, or am simply not hungry.
It's good for weight control.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

My son turned me onto raw, thinly sliced beef. It is really good.
A couple years ago I stupidly ate a few raw shrimp, without even thinking about the consequences. Vibrio, for one! Nothing ended up happening, but it was one the best tasting meats I have eaten.
You are right, rare beef is the best!! Sear that baby over really, really hot and crust the outside.......wow. Philly style. When Dad died, I inherited his Big Green Egg. I get that baby up to about 750F and give thick steaks about two mins on each side then slam the vents shut for another couple. Orgasmic.

Chard is wunnerful stuff and you get a *lot* from the plants. We freeze like spinach, the extra.
You probably don't like pickled beets either. Shame....after you eat 'em you can throw in hardboiled eggs and in a couple weeks.......mmmmmmmm.
Hmmm.......just a suggestion....we started growing Chioggia beets, look like a red and white bullseye. The tops are excellant and the root is different from red beets. Cooks nearly white and is rather sweet and lacks that typical beet earthyness, IMO. I've had them shaved in salads and they are good raw....again, IMO. ;-)

I've been reading recently about eating all sorts of greens, and it seems that most overthing we eat main crop, the leaves are edible too. I never even though about eating the rest of the plant, of say broccoli and carrots and radishes. Michael Pollan started me thinking down this path.
Good eats, and too many words ;-) Charlie

Oh yes indeed....you have some *great* food heritage...we love german eats.
When we lived in KC, we found one authentic german eatery, hole in the wall that opened into Munich, authentic german proprietors, best schnitzel ala holstein and fried cabbage I ever had......second best food in town......gates bbq was first. ;-)
My heritage, scots, gives us haggis.......need I say more. But, we also contribute Glenlivet.......
Charlie, who has a pig butt on the smoker as we speak...pulled pork sammies for the youngsters tomorrow.

Sounds tasty. I did a big batch of braised chicken drumsticks today, (they were on sale for $.99 per lb. for an 8 lb. bag) and a hyooge pot of black rice cooked in pork and veggie stock.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Oh yeah, sounds extra tasty! If nuthin' else, we on wrecked gardens sure do eat well!
Makes it hard to stretch oftimes! ;-)
Charlie

<g>
I'm wondering if I ought to try preparing a Haggis recipe using Tripe. Sheep stomach is not available at the grocery stores here. ;-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

NO! Simply fry the tripe and call it good!

Charlie

You'd have to have very good teeth to eat fried tripe. <g> It's normally used in Menudo and either slow cooked or pressure cooked!

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
In article

<giggles>