Greenhouses

We moved to Indianapolis last summer. This spring we would like to start planting flowers, etc. in the yard. Any recommendations on places that sell plants for the Indiana area as Wayside gardens sells to the Carolinas.

You should be able to find local nurseries in Indianapolis. Just look in the phone book. If you are looking for a short weekend drive, you might consider heading east on I70 to Springhill Nursery which is located near the Dayton, Ohio airport. (Email me for directions) They have a great display garden and a decent retail operation in addition to their mail order operation. For perennials by mail, check out Bluestone Perennials. www.bluestoneperennials.com
If you don't mind driving down I74 to Cincinnati, there is a wonderful perennial grower near Paramount's Kings Island park. Greenfield Plant farm offers an amazing selection of perennials in small, medium, and large pots. The prices are fair and the plants are very healthy. http://www.greenfieldplantfarm.com /
Wayside Gardens actually started in NE Ohio. They still contract with growers in Ohio to supply some of their plants. I'm sure that you can find stock in their catalog that will thrive in your zone 5 garden -- but, they are a bit pricey.

Habig's Nursery. They have several locations in Indy. Look in the phone book.