Greenhouse installation

Just got a 10' x12' x 10' height polycarbonate greenhouse with aluminum structure kid for the wife: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber358 The instruction is to excavate the area to a depth of 5" and bury the greenhouse base frame in it with gravel. No other anchoring method is provided. Even though I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area with not that much wind but I'm concern about wind loading after installation. Has anyone installed one of this?

The Greenhouse Forum on Gardenweb ( http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/strucs/ ) has a lot of information on installing and reinforcing that greenhouse. If you read the FAQ for the forum and do a search for HFGH you will find plenty of information.
Bill

Thanks Bill, lots of good info.
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 07:51:44 -0700, "** Frank **"

I have a 200 square foot greenhouse which is anchored using in ground, auger-like thingies. They were sold as an accessory with the greenhouse. I didn't visit the URL you provided, but we have strong, straight line winds here in S. Central TX and those winds can last many hours, sometimes days. So far, the greenhouse hasn't flown away. If you are concerned about high winds you can actually have someone come in and pour a foundation with the frame in it. I still say you should take a look for accessories to hold it down.

I was considering a concrete foundation but someone told me the lime in it will eat away the aluminum.
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:47:50 -0700, "** Frank **"

I suggest you contact the manufacturer and tell them your concerns and find out for sure what would be the best way. Concrete very well may eat away the aluminum. Give them an email to be sure, or a phone call.

Just use a pressure treated 2 X 4 or a 2 X 6 sill.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington