Greenhouse heating question

Depending on your needs, I think you will be hard pressed to heat only with solar or steaming compost.

Solar requires thermal mass and added insulation.

I've got a string of nights here in the 20's, so I'll see. I've been adding both thermal mass and insulation. I do have a heat lamp on a timer... It's my first winter with the "solar cabana", so much remains to be done.

With that said day time temps have been a delight inside with outside temps in the the 30's.

No objection to any form of heating, but insulation is often overlooked.

Jeff

Have you

Reply to
jeff

I've done similar with 3-4 gallon container plants with homemade heating jackets, simple 1/4" plywood boxes that house the container and a heat source. A single 7.5 watt light bulb on a dimmer is all that I need to keep a pot at an optimal 75 - 80 degrees F even if room temperature drops into the 50s. Plants given such a cozy set of overshoes thrive, even at 60F air temperature.

Reply to
Frank

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo

Thank you Ingrid!

Even though it was an old posting. I knew the answer to my own question. What I found was, some posters felt the oxygen factor was insignificant in the propane heating question.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake St. Clair Michigan :)

Enjoy Life... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.