Greenhouse heating question

Page 2 of 2
yes, plants need oxygen all night long this is when they make sugar. In the long run it is better to stop air movement from outside in. that is greater heat loss than conduction thru plastic or glass. The other problem with burning over electric is the product of combustion is CO2 AND H2O, there can be a humidity build up that leads to mold. running both propane heater AND dehumidifier is more costly than electric. Ingrid
wrote:

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

Thank you Ingrid!
Even though it was an old posting. I knew the answer to my own question. What I found was, some posters felt the oxygen factor was insignificant in the propane heating question.
Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake St. Clair Michigan :)
Enjoy Life... Dan
--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:48:05 -0800, "Steve B"

What does "best" mean? I tend to think energy effeciency for a greenhouse, using sunlight and compost to heat the space. Have you ever seen hot steam coming off a compost pile in the middle of winter?
Phisherman wrote:

Depending on your needs, I think you will be hard pressed to heat only with solar or steaming compost.
Solar requires thermal mass and added insulation.
I've got a string of nights here in the 20's, so I'll see. I've been adding both thermal mass and insulation. I do have a heat lamp on a timer... It's my first winter with the "solar cabana", so much remains to be done.
With that said day time temps have been a delight inside with outside temps in the the 30's.
No objection to any form of heating, but insulation is often overlooked.
Jeff
Have you