Greenhouse bubble wrap insulation

Where can I purchase bubble wrap that has been treated with UV protection. I have been using standard packaging bubble wrap for greenhouse insulation, but find that it begins to fall appart in less than one year. Lots of sun and UV in Arizona.
Thanks all for your help.
Arizona Russ
The idea is to remove the bubble wrap once the weather warms up, not to leave it there all year.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

The only thing you can use which may last longer is pool cover which helps keep heat in the water. You can also use a second layer of greenhouse UV protected film by building another frame outside the current greenhouse. That way you will have double insulation. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as greenhouse UV protected bubble wrap, only the pool cover stuff.
Don't know where in US you will fins it but here is a link for UK, They might be able to tell you of US stockist.
http://www.tenax.co.uk/c/index.php?cat=cp
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Wow, learn something new everyday.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Arizona Russ) wrote in

Look for shipping companies that have outposts on Mars. Any packages shipped to Mars need extra UV protection, as the radiation there will penetrate normal shipping containers and typically UV-treated bubble wrap is used as an additional line of defense.
Use a top covering of UV treated plain plastic on top of the bubble wrap. I have used rather fragile films on the inside, as part of a sandwitch to trap air for insulation, but the outside was UV proof, and it kept the other material for much longer than if it had been exposed.
hermine
Would really thin "polycarbonate" work?
Arizona Russ wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
not sure if it is UV resistant cause it is supposed to go inside of greenhouse http://greengarden.mall-network.com/Categories/Climate-Control/Energy-Savers/Climate-Control/138 the google search is greenhouse supplies bubble plastic but you may want to add UV on that.

polycarbonate the double walled stuff with channels is excellent choice. higher R than glass, unbreakable, easy to cut and install, diffuses the sun really well, cheaper than glass. I just have a hard time finding a local supplier that is reasonable. neither menards nor home depot stocks it. very very strange indeed since it is superior to fiberglass. Ingrid

Yes, it is superior but hard to find. I ended up calling BWI for some prices. Even though they are a national company, the material still is on the pricey side. The client I was quoting decided to forego the project.
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
I did finally find somebody local. we got a tax number so got it wholesale for $50 per 4x8' sheet. Ingrid