Green hydrangeas

My blue hydrangeas have been turning green as the season goes on.

How do you fix that?

I finally have a good spot (shady) and good year for them (plentiful rainfall) and now green flowers.

Jeff

I think a greenish hue is on basically white flowers but I don't grow them and there are many species of hydrangea so I could be wrong. In general the flowers of the more common variety are more blue in acid soil. Perhaps you limed the soil this year? Try testing your soil pH. It easier to make soil less acid (by adding lime) than to make it more acid. Maybe you could add more lime and make them pink/purple.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

My soil is acid and all I get is blue. Color is supposed to be pH dependent.

Reply to
Frank
2013?9?11???? 8?50 ?55? UTC+9 j:

While i was searching some info about it on the net, i got two opposite opi nions about hydrangea becoming greenish. One opinion says that it is a norm al cycle of hydrangea's inherencies, while another opinion says that it's d ue to a bacteria called Phytoplasma. i have no idea which case you should a pply to your plant. If yours is in the latter case, they say there's no hope for plant's surviv al.

Ono

Reply to
Ono