Green House

Where can I buy a second hand green house, am on budget and am interested to grow vegetables.

Reply to
magdalena

Perhaps if you said where you are it would be easier to decide how to help.

David Hare-Scott

Hi magdelena, I dont know where you are, you dont say ? but here in the UK, the best place is in the gardening section of a good regional newspaper or one of the proprietory free add publications. Often, the local papers advertise that buyers dismantle and take away ! but for example, today in my local paper, theres an alluminium 6ft by 8ft for £30. Often, all you need are a few sheets of glass and new alluminium bolts (these often break as you take it down) and you only need to break the frame down into the sides and ends, making it much easier to re-assemble as long as you can get it home !

hope this helps, Lannerman.

Reply to
lannerman

Visit this website.http://www.minigreenhousekits.com/ I hope it helps.

Reply to
robo1260

Visit this website. It should help.

robo1260

Do you think that shipping a new greenhouse from Louisiana to their apparent location in Kenya would help a person on a limited budget?

David Hare-Scott

Coldframes are usually the cheapest "greenhouse" around, and they're easy to make. The production per square foot can be as high as a greenhouse, at a few percent of the cost.

you need heat, you can add heated cables or a good layer of fresh manure under about 6" of regular soil, or bank the coldframe with manure.
-- that turns it into a hotbed.

The biggest expense with a coldframe or hotbed is an automatic opener if you're not around to open and close it for ventilation as needed. (and you have to do that with a greenhouse, too.)

Kay

Reply to
Kay Lancaster

.. not a really huge expense - $ 50. or so. ... you might need two ( ? ) depending on the size of your mini-greenhouse and air flow.

John T.

hubops

You can always join your local Freecycle. sometimes greenhouses come up on there if you are lucky.

Reply to
bonsai