Green House

Where can I buy a second hand green house, am on budget and am interested to grow vegetables.
--
magdalena

magdalena wrote:

Perhaps if you said where you are it would be easier to decide how to help.

Visit this website. It should help. http://www.minigreenhousekits.com /
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I don't know if you are a shill for this mob or just not paying attention. Do you think that shipping a new greenhouse from Louisiana to their apparent location in Kenya would help a person on a limited budget?

Visit this website.http://www.minigreenhousekits.com/ I hope it helps.
magdalena;943281 Wrote: > Where can I buy a second hand green house, am on budget and am > interested to grow vegetables.
Hi magdelena, I dont know where you are, you dont say ? but here in the UK, the best place is in the gardening section of a good regional newspaper or one of the proprietory free add publications. Often, the local papers advertise that buyers dismantle and take away ! but for example, today in my local paper, theres an alluminium 6ft by 8ft for 30. Often, all you need are a few sheets of glass and new alluminium bolts (these often break as you take it down) and you only need to break the frame down into the sides and ends, making it much easier to re-assemble as long as you can get it home !
hope this helps, Lannerman.
--
lannerman

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:09:51 +0000, magdalena

Coldframes are usually the cheapest "greenhouse" around, and they're easy to make. The production per square foot can be as high as a greenhouse, at a few percent of the cost.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/garden-cold-frame-plans-zmaz79zsch.aspx
If you need heat, you can add heated cables or a good layer of fresh manure under about 6" of regular soil, or bank the coldframe with manure. http://extension.missouri.edu/p/G6965 -- that turns it into a hotbed.
The biggest expense with a coldframe or hotbed is an automatic opener if you're not around to open and close it for ventilation as needed. (and you have to do that with a greenhouse, too.)
Kay

.. not a really huge expense - $ 50. or so. ... you might need two ( ? ) depending on the size of your mini-greenhouse and air flow. http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?cat=2,43224&p543 John T.
--- Posted via
You can always join your local Freecycle. sometimes greenhouses come up on there if you are lucky.
--
bonsai