Great new tool for Composting, Topsoil and mulching www.originalwheelbarrowscreener.com

This new innovative tool allows you to screen your own topsoil, mulch and compost with the cleaned product left in your wheelbarrow. Visit www.originalwheelbarrowscreener.com and order your's today. Shipping on the next 100 orders is FREE!
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:21:36 -0500, "ideasimages"

Nothing "innocative" about a screen. It's easy to build your own from inexpensive materials from your DIY. I used pine 2x4s, furring strips, waterproof carpenter's glue, 1/2" hardware cloth, deck screws, nails and heavy-duty staples. Size the frame such that it is supported on top of your wheel barrow. I used rabbet joints on the corners for added strength. Nail furring strips over the hardware cloth edges after stapling the hardware cloth to the frame. I applied a coat of decking varnish to protect the wood. I screen soil, compost, peat moss, etc with it. Great for mixing too. My screen is surviving its 11th year of heavy use.

I'm going to build one tomorrow to fit my Smart Cart. I had one for years, but it finally rotted and broke. You're right, they're very inexpensive and easy to make.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts