Great garden day yesterday

I got the path to the neighbor raked out and a good 50% of the top beds. All the grasses but one are done in the front. Looks murky out today and I have to go to work later any way, so I'll be doing household stuff.

Cheryl Isaak

We've had rain for the second day in a row! That nice slow rain. Rare for Texas. We did catch a few hours of sun yesterday and went out with the hedge trimmers and did the ornamental grasses. That should have been done in the fall because the grasses grow all year here...so a bit of a mess.

My big garden project this year is to fully get all the weeds under management. Then I want to rent a cement mixer and with my path mold thing I want to make permanent paths in the front gardens. Then, I want to order up some decomposed granite and line all the walks out back where the wildlife live.

This year we have tons (and I mean tons) of frogs, toads, anoles, fence lizards, skinks, snakes (corn and rat) and birds of all nature. I await the day when a roadrunner springs through. They are in the area as I see them running around in other forest edges.

Glad you finally have some warmth.

Jangchub
[...]

Well hurry up, willya! I have a whole yard, front & back, plus the veg. patch, that's calling out for your expertise! >

[...]

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone

Expert, shmexpert! I have trained my husband what grass burrs and Queen's Anne lace looks like, also a burr producing weed. I gave a common name for it, but it isn't actually the Queen Anne's lace.

My neighbors are suddenly all talking to me again. My garden looked like the crazy lady on the block. Now it looks like a gardener lives here.

If you live in Hawaii, I'll be there around December :)

Reply to
Jangchub