great fertilizer for roses and fruit trees

can someone recommend a fertilizer for roses and fruit trees? I am using "grobetter" fertilizer which is great but it's sold in california and i'm in florida.
I use a rose fert and systemic, on fruit trees I use Jobe's spikes. Ingrid

For the roses I use fish emulsion and composted cow manure. Roses grow best with organic fertilizers. For the trees you can buy fruit tree fertilizer spikes.

What is the research to back this up? Straight, non-confrontational question. E.g. have there been studies of what you advocate vs. the fertilizer-cum-pesticide granules sold in garden stores?
Thanks for info.
Persephone.
[...]
I'd agree with the fish emulsion by observation. Epsom salts with alfalfa tea is good too; per observation.
Thunder
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:02:28 -0700, Perception wrote:

Rabbit manure is about as good as it gets for roses. DS_7 wrote:

Triple 10 works good enough. The diameter of the tree determines the amount. Checkout your local extension service. The one in NC has pdf files you can download on the subject.
This year I used a steel spike about 18" and made holes in the ground at drip line of the peach trees. Filled the holes with triple 10 and had the best peaches so far this year.
thunder