great fertilizer for roses and fruit trees

can someone recommend a fertilizer for roses and fruit trees? I am using "grobetter" fertilizer which is great but it's sold in california and i'm in florida.

Reply to
DS_7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

For the roses I use fish emulsion and composted cow manure. Roses grow best with organic fertilizers. For the trees you can buy fruit tree fertilizer spikes.

Reply to
Phisherman

What is the research to back this up? Straight, non-confrontational question. E.g. have there been studies of what you advocate vs. the fertilizer-cum-pesticide granules sold in garden stores?

Thanks for info.

Persephone.

[...]
Reply to
Persephone

Reply to
bamboo

Triple 10 works good enough. The diameter of the tree determines the amount. Checkout your local extension service. The one in NC has pdf files you can download on the subject.

This year I used a steel spike about 18" and made holes in the ground at drip line of the peach trees. Filled the holes with triple 10 and had the best peaches so far this year.

thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

I'd agree with the fish emulsion by observation. Epsom salts with alfalfa tea is good too; per observation.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder