Grass in Iris and Day Lilies

I have issues with grass in Day Lilies and Iris. These are beds I do not want to renovate.

I don't mind weeding, but the grass has me buffaloed.

Anyone have any experience using Poast herbicide in Iris or Day Lilies?

I use it for strawberries, but have not tried a test on flowers. Product label is no help on this.

Any help much appreciated. Bob in KY snipped-for-privacy@insightbbRemove.com

Reply to
putter2

If the active ingredient in Poast is sethoxydim, it is safe to use around iris and daylilies. Sethoxidem is the active ingredient in Grass Getter; its label indicates it is safe around those two.

However, I must question your relunctance to renovate iris beds. Iris needs to be divided every 3-4 years. Otherwise, it becomes over-crowded and no longer blooms vigorously.

Daylilies are a different matter. I divided mine only when I wanted to start a new clump elsewhere in my garden.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Thanks for response. Was not familiar with Grass Getter. Evidently Poast was purchased from BASF and renamed Grass Getter.

Grass Getter label is for homeowners. Poast label was directed at major crop producers. Bob in KY snipped-for-privacy@insightbbRemove.com

Reply to
putter2