Grass in a once woody area

This spring I took down 2 trees, one old dead maple that was covered in poison ivy and a pine that was in the worst possible place in the yard. Now that each of these areas is cleaned up I want to get some grass growing. Oh, poison ivy vines are @#$$#%. The tree was coated, and when I raked the leaves and mess under it they were everywhere. Some vines were 2" thick. All done now. :)
Anyway, here's what I need to do: 1) get grass growing where a pine tree once stood. I've raked the soil, the pine needles are gone and the soil is bare. how should I prep it? It's an area about 15' in diameter. I was going to hit it with some lime. If I lime it, do I spread it, then work it in then plant? Or spread it, work it in, wait a while, then plant?
2) the area were the maple was is a E facing slope about 6' high and 30' long....sloped about 45 degrees. I was going to rake all of the leaves out, then seed, cover with hay, water, and let it go. should this do the trick, or is there anything else I need to do?
I'm in Asheville, NC, zone 6.
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:18:07 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" <rickm> wrote:
month :{

going to be a royal *!&^% to mow.

Not me, I could roll around naked in it. For now anyway, one day it will catch up with me. It's totally all done, the soil raked clean and ready.

I'm going with grass....vetch can be invasive. Grass for now, at the top of the slope I'm putting a line of azaleas. I should just pave it. :D
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:19:42 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" <rickm> wrote:

sounds like a good idea to me! ;>