grass from seed?

beginning gardener is wondering how often to water freshly planted grass seed-- and how much/often to water once seeds have germinated?
...many thanks..
keep seed damp until grass is growing(very important)and water to a 1" depth thereafter once per week.

until you can see significant growth. I water twice a day in normal years - this year is abnormal as nature is providing rain twice a day.
We have had so much rain I am worried that my goldfish are going to drown. But the grass looks great.
John

Every other day is a good plan, unless it rains. Straw will greatly help retain moisture and protect the seed from hungry birds. You can reduce watering to 1" per week after the first mowing. The straw will eventually decompose.