Grass for shady areas

I live in North Central Texas and I want to find a grass that will grow under several oak trees. I have tried several types, but what I've tried either will not come up at all, or dies soon afterwards if I don't water every day in the summer heat. One area gets a lot of foot traffic from the neighborhood kids. The other areas get no traffic at all.
Any suggestions?
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:43:40 -0500, "Freckles"

We have mondo grass growing in the shade and it has done well but it won't take traffic. Red fescue is another choice. Most grasses need some sun, if just an hour of dappled sunlight, to grow well.
Freckles wrote:

Consider 'raising the crown' and 'thinning' the trees.
Consider something other than grass (ajuga, lamium, etc.)
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote: